Have fun while being healthy.
Walking is fun and great exercise. It’s even more fun when you use your walking time to catch up with a friend or explore with your kids. Connect with people you love and Go the Distance together!
Check out these inspirational ideas.
- Groove while you move! Follow Go the Distance on Spotify.
- You burn more calories when you walk sideways. Try it for a few minutes!
- Set a goal, and keep track of your progress with the log sheet.
- Ask a friend to be a walking buddy. You’re more likely to keep going when you make commitments to each other.
- Motivate your colleagues through a workplace challenge! Which team can log the most minutes each week?
- Don’t forget the sunscreen, and wear a hat and sunglasses to protect yourself from harmful UV rays.
- Throw an extra pair of walking shoes in the car. You never know when you’ll find a few extra minutes to Go the Distance!
View Health Benefits of Walking with this infograph
Walking can help you with:
Walking at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke and Type 2 diabetes
- Improve your blood pressure, blood sugar and blood cholesterol levels
- Prevent weight gain and lower the risk of obesity
- Improve your mental well-being
- Increase your energy and stamina
- Reduce your risk of osteoporosis, breast cancer and colon cancer
- Improve your balance and coordination